WhatsApp for Web on iPhone?

sms

May 25, 2022, 5:13:03 PM5/25/22
Has anyone gotten WhatsApp for Web working on an iPhone?

If you want to have WhatsApp on multiple devices you have to scan a QR
code from the phone that it is registered on in order for WhatsApp for
web to work. But it does not work on phones.

I tried following the instructions at
<https://www.techuntold.com/use-one-whatsapp-account-two-phones/> and
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZIezqkLIH4> but neither worked.

For Android I used this app
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qr.whatscan.whats.web.qrscan>
which got solved the problem, albeit with a lot of advertising unless
you ante up a lot of money for the ad-free version. But I could not find
a similar app for iPhone.

nospam

May 25, 2022, 5:31:09 PM5/25/22
In article <t6m64t$68u$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten WhatsApp for Web working on an iPhone?

many people. it's quite easy.

this 'story' is yet another 'setup' to justify yet another addition to
the long-debunked 'list'.

> If you want to have WhatsApp on multiple devices you have to scan a QR
> code from the phone that it is registered on in order for WhatsApp for
> web to work. But it does not work on phones.

yes it does.

> I tried following the instructions at
> <https://www.tec...

that's a 5 year old link. you're not even trying to hide your bias.

> <https://www.youtu...

that at least is more recent.

> but neither worked.

then you did something wrong, or more likely, you didn't try it.

> For Android I used this app

sure you did.

the reviews say that it doesn't work anymore.

> But I could not find
> a similar app for iPhone.

you didn't look. no surprise there.

many options come up in a search.

Joerg Lorenz

May 25, 2022, 8:38:45 PM5/25/22
Am 25.05.22 um 23:31 schrieb nospam:
> In article <t6m64t$68u$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone gotten WhatsApp for Web working on an iPhone?
>
> many people. it's quite easy.
>
> this 'story' is yet another 'setup' to justify yet another addition to
> the long-debunked 'list'.
>
>> If you want to have WhatsApp on multiple devices you have to scan a QR
>> code from the phone that it is registered on in order for WhatsApp for
>> web to work. But it does not work on phones.
>
> yes it does.
>
>> I tried following the instructions at
>> <https://www.tec...
>
> that's a 5 year old link. you're not even trying to hide your bias.

He is an ecpic Troll.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

RonTheGuy

May 26, 2022, 12:51:30 PM5/26/22
On May 25, 2022, sms wrote
(in article<news:t6m64t$68u$1...@dont-email.me>):

> Has anyone gotten WhatsApp for Web working on an iPhone?

It just works on mine.

Ron, the humblest guy in town.

sms

May 26, 2022, 1:10:12 PM5/26/22
The WhatsApp App works fine. But WhatsApp for Web is very different.

WhatsApp for Web allows you to use the same WhatsApp account on your
computer or tablet that isn't linked to a phone number, but NOT on
another phone.

The issue is when you have multiple phones or a phone with two numbers
(eSIM plus physical SIM or multiple eSIM lines).

WhatsApp doesn't want you to use the same account on multiple phones.
They also warn against switching your account between phones too often.

On Android, there's a workaround with an app
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qr.whatscan.whats.web.qrscan>.
See:
<https://tech.hindustantimes.com/how-to/want-to-use-same-whatsapp-account-on-two-phones-don-t-worry-do-it-this-way-71645435405115.html>

There were two Youtube videos that said you could do something similar
on an iPhone, but I could not get it to work.

RonTheGuy

May 26, 2022, 1:15:31 PM5/26/22
On May 26, 2022, sms wrote
(in article<news:t6oc9i$vja$1...@dont-email.me>):

> The WhatsApp App works fine. But WhatsApp for Web is very different.

My mistake. I was talking only about WhatsApp, not WhatsAppForWeb.
I don't know anything about that but it sounds like a useful feature.

nospam

May 26, 2022, 1:32:02 PM5/26/22
In article <t6oc9i$vja$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> The WhatsApp App works fine. But WhatsApp for Web is very different.

not really. it's just a browser implementation, with a method to link
it to an existing phone.

> On Android, there's a workaround with an app

on ios, it 'just works', no workaround needed.

> There were two Youtube videos that said you could do something similar
> on an iPhone, but I could not get it to work.

that's because you don't know what you're doing or you're lying. maybe
both.

sms

May 26, 2022, 8:58:29 PM5/26/22
On 5/26/2022 10:15 AM, RonTheGuy wrote:
> On May 26, 2022, sms wrote
> (in article<news:t6oc9i$vja$1...@dont-email.me>):
>
>> The WhatsApp App works fine. But WhatsApp for Web is very different.
>
> My mistake. I was talking only about WhatsApp, not WhatsAppForWeb.
> I don't know anything about that but it sounds like a useful feature.

Yes it is. WhatsApp finally began allowing use on multiple devices but
they limited it to one phone. The other devices can be computers or
tablets. It's really useful to be able to compose messages on a computer
with a real keyboard.

Sometimes you want to use WhatsApp on a second phone without
deactivating it on the other phone, i.e. when out hiking or cycling I'll
sometimes use an old phone. WhatsApp warns you not to switch the phone
that its on too often or they'll discontinue your account.

I tried using WhatsApp for Web on the iPhone, following the instructions
in a Youtube video, but apparently WhatsApp figured out how to prevent
that from working.

nospam

May 26, 2022, 9:13:06 PM5/26/22
In article <t6p7nj$oav$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> I tried using WhatsApp for Web on the iPhone, following the instructions
> in a Youtube video, but apparently WhatsApp figured out how to prevent
> that from working.

no they didn't.

any problems you might have had are entirely your own, assuming you
even tried it, which is highly suspect.

Andy Burnelli

May 26, 2022, 10:12:46 PM5/26/22
sms wrote:

> Yes it is. WhatsApp finally began allowing use on multiple devices but
> they limited it to one phone. The other devices can be computers or
> tablets. It's really useful to be able to compose messages on a computer
> with a real keyboard.

On that singular topic of "composing messages on a computer with a
keyboard", note that this task is trivial to do with freeware on Android.
<https://i.postimg.cc/tCvS8nGr/vysor23.jpg> iPad is connected to Win10

It "should" also be trivial for iOS; but the problem is Apple's shitware
refuses to install on my Windows 10 system so I haven't tested it yet.
<https://i.postimg.cc/J7cSYhhg/vysor20.jpg> Classic Apple error 2502

> Sometimes you want to use WhatsApp on a second phone without
> deactivating it on the other phone, i.e. when out hiking or cycling I'll
> sometimes use an old phone. WhatsApp warns you not to switch the phone
> that its on too often or they'll discontinue your account.

What Steve wants to do is perfectly valid functionality, where, as often
happens, what's trivial to do instantly on Android is difficult on iOS.

> I tried using WhatsApp for Web on the iPhone, following the instructions
> in a Youtube video, but apparently WhatsApp figured out how to prevent
> that from working.

When I was trying to get WhatsApp to text and dial Americans in Munchen I
found free workaround apps that allowed me to do so by getting around the
WhatsApp Draconian rules on contacts as shown in this tutorial screenshot.
<https://i.postimg.cc/636XBckk/whatsapp01.jpg> Free WA workaround apps

Perhaps you can find a secondary whatsapp workaround app for your issue?
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information.

Andy Burnelli

May 26, 2022, 10:17:30 PM5/26/22
nospam wrote:

>> I tried using WhatsApp for Web on the iPhone, following the instructions
>> in a Youtube video, but apparently WhatsApp figured out how to prevent
>> that from working.
>
> no they didn't.
>
> any problems you might have had are entirely your own, assuming you
> even tried it, which is highly suspect.

Steve is often wrong because he takes only one datum out of ten and then
forms an iron-clad never-changing opinion based on that single datum.

However...

What Steve wants to do is perfectly valid functionality, where, as often
happens, what's trivial to do instantly on Android is difficult on iOS.

It's perfectly believable that it's harder to do on iOS what is easy to do
with Android, where many times I've found workaround apps for Android app
functionality limitations, and yet those apps don't often exist for iOS.

For example...
*Phone Dialer For WhatsApp* & WA-enabled Businesses List, by Applaud Soft
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.applaudsoft.wabi.wad>

*Click to chat on WA*, TrianguloY
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trianguloy.openInWhatsapp>

WhatsDirect - *Direct Message for WhatsApp*, by BlendTap Inc.
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrd.wadirectmessage>
etc.

badgolferman

May 27, 2022, 6:56:50 AM5/27/22
I would like to use WhatsApp on a browser but cannot find a login page or
instructions. My phone is registered and I use the app but I would like to
get rid of the app and just use a browser. Perhaps someone has instructions
available for that.

Lewis

May 27, 2022, 7:05:24 AM5/27/22
If you think Facebook is going to let you use What's App without having
the app on your phone and tied to your number then you are delusional.

--
He'd never asked for an exciting life. What he really liked, what he
sought on every occasion, was boredom. The trouble was that

badgolferman

May 27, 2022, 7:53:40 AM5/27/22
Lewis <g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
> In message <t6qaph$47e$1...@dont-email.me> badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>>> Has anyone gotten WhatsApp for Web working on an iPhone?
>>>
>>> If you want to have WhatsApp on multiple devices you have to scan a QR
>>> code from the phone that it is registered on in order for WhatsApp for
>>> web to work. But it does not work on phones.
>>>
>>> I tried following the instructions at
>>> <https://www.techuntold.com/use-one-whatsapp-account-two-phones/> and
>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZIezqkLIH4> but neither worked.
>>>
>>> For Android I used this app
>>> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qr.whatscan.whats.web.qrscan>
>>> which got solved the problem, albeit with a lot of advertising unless
>>> you ante up a lot of money for the ad-free version. But I could not find
>>> a similar app for iPhone.
>>>

>> I would like to use WhatsApp on a browser but cannot find a login page or
>> instructions. My phone is registered and I use the app but I would like to
>> get rid of the app and just use a browser. Perhaps someone has instructions
>> available for that.
>
> If you think Facebook is going to let you use What's App without having
> the app on your phone and tied to your number then you are delusional.

Why must you be so condescending? Couldn’t you have just said Facebook
doesn’t allow that? But no, you always have to talk down to others.
Apparently your parents never taught you manners or you are just a fucking
asshole when safely out of people’s reach.

RonTheGuy

May 27, 2022, 8:48:49 AM5/27/22
On May 27, 2022, badgolferman wrote
(in article<news:t6qe42$rs7$1...@dont-email.me>):

>>> I would like to use WhatsApp on a browser but cannot find a login page or
>>> instructions. My phone is registered and I use the app but I would like to
>>> get rid of the app and just use a browser. Perhaps someone has instructions
>>> available for that.
>>
>> If you think Facebook is going to let you use What's App without having
>> the app on your phone and tied to your number then you are delusional.
>>

> Why must you be so condescending? Couldn't you have just said Facebook
> doesn't allow that? But no, you always have to talk down to others.
> Apparently your parents never taught you manners or you are just a fucking
> asshole when safely out of people's reach.

I think it's a great idea to be able to access whatsapp from a web browser.

It may be that Lewis is wrong because multiple people have said it works
for android but not yet for ios while others said it works for ios too.

I hope you all find what you're looking for as it would be an improvement
to be able to use whatsapp on a computer or on any device just like you can
with facebook itself.

sms

May 27, 2022, 8:57:30 AM5/27/22
On 5/27/2022 3:56 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> I would like to use WhatsApp on a browser but cannot find a login page or
> instructions. My phone is registered and I use the app but I would like to
> get rid of the app and just use a browser. Perhaps someone has instructions
> available for that.

Apparently that is not possible on an iPhone at this time. I tried
various ways and several different browsers, including putting the
browser into desktop mode. It may have worked in the past, based on
those Youtube videos that I referenced, but apparently not anymore.

The Android app that allows this on Android phones looks like it came
from India where WhatsApp is much more popular than it is in the U.S..
It's probably not something that Meta is thrilled about, but even if
they managed to get Google Play to remove the app it wouldn't help much
since there are many other Android app stores, as well as the ability to
sideload an APK.

sms

May 27, 2022, 8:58:45 AM5/27/22
On 5/27/2022 4:53 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> Why must you be so condescending? Couldn’t you have just said Facebook
> doesn’t allow that? But no, you always have to talk down to others.
> Apparently your parents never taught you manners or you are just a fucking
> asshole when safely out of people’s reach.

The best option is to filter out the trolls on this, and every other
newsgroup and forum.

nospam

May 27, 2022, 9:30:27 AM5/27/22
In article <jci19jjf...@news.solani.org>, RonTheGuy
<r...@null.invalid> wrote:

> I think it's a great idea to be able to access whatsapp from a web browser.
>
> It may be that Lewis is wrong because multiple people have said it works
> for android but not yet for ios

only one has said that, and he's lying.

> while others said it works for ios too.

of course it works for ios too.

web apps run in a browser and are not platform specific. that's one of
the benefits.

nospam

May 27, 2022, 9:30:28 AM5/27/22
In article <t6qhrp$jma$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> > I would like to use WhatsApp on a browser but cannot find a login page or
> > instructions. My phone is registered and I use the app but I would like to
> > get rid of the app and just use a browser. Perhaps someone has instructions
> > available for that.
>
> Apparently that is not possible on an iPhone at this time.

as usual, you are full of shit.

> I tried
> various ways and several different browsers, including putting the
> browser into desktop mode.

bullshit you did.

> It may have worked in the past, based on
> those Youtube videos that I referenced, but apparently not anymore.

no, it's because you are either doing something very wrong or simply
lying.

Andy Burnelli

May 27, 2022, 10:46:24 AM5/27/22
nospam wrote:

>> It may have worked in the past, based on
>> those Youtube videos that I referenced, but apparently not anymore.
>
> no, it's because you are either doing something very wrong or simply
> lying.

I'm fair and unbiased for everyone, where I defend anyone who is stating
facts outright, fairly, no matter how damaging it is to Apple's reputation.

Nor to Google's.

I don't think Steve is lying although I know he lies about those FCC maps
when he's shilling for Verizon, so I'm simply being fair to everyone here.

I think Steve tried it, and, Lord knows, I've searched for plenty of the
_imaginary_ apps that nospam constantly fabricates existing, so nospam has
no right to claim that Steve is lying just because nospam is ignorant.

In addition, even when nospam claims apps exist that work, he's almost
always wrong, as he was with the iOS NewPipe YouTube replacement apps.

My point is that nospam has no credibility whatsoever, and neither does
Steve, which makes it harder for the rest of us to figure out what's what
without actually running Steve's tests for him (which I could do).

As an example of how inept Steve is (even on Android) while Steve doesn't
even realize how inept he is on both iOS and Android, I ran a quick search
just now for ad-free Android apps using just the basic whatsapp web
keywords from Steve's original post (where he complained about the ads!).
<https://i.postimg.cc/prDxTsgt/whatsapp02.jpg> App store search suggest

I found plenty of Android apps which "might" do what Steve needs done:
<https://i.postimg.cc/d0pK9MFY/whatsapp03.jpg> App store search filters

In summary, neither Steve nor nospam has _any_ credibility when it comes to
adult cognitive skills in assessing the salient facts, where my point is
that for nospam to call Steve a liar is patently unfair given how ignorant
nospam often proves to be about the often crippled iOS app functionality.

Andy Burnelli

May 27, 2022, 10:46:52 AM5/27/22
Assuming what Steve said is correct, then this exemplifies exactly why
Apple iOS is a walled prison garden compared to _all_ other systems.

Apple can (and does) restrict what apps users can install; Google can't.

Worse for Apple, even the Google Play Store has _zillions_ of these apps.
When I set the FOSS Google Play Store client to only show free and ad free
and gsf free apps, even then there are still _plenty_ of apps for Steve.
Note: Steve doesn't know how to use Android so he _always_ finds the worst
apps, which I wouldn't even mention except that he's so consistent about
finding adware & then he has the gall to complain about it as he did here.
--
Note: If you use the official Google Play Store client, there are no
persistent filters to filter out what you _really_ want; but Google can't

badgolferman

May 27, 2022, 10:47:00 AM5/27/22
Perhaps you'd like to give a demonstration for the rest of us.

Andy Burnelli

May 27, 2022, 11:01:55 AM5/27/22
badgolferman wrote:

>>no, it's because you are either doing something very wrong or simply
>>lying.
>
> Perhaps you'd like to give a demonstration for the rest of us.

This is why I love that this newsgroup has a few actual _adults_ on it!

As usual, nospam is like the guy at the table when it comes time to put the
money in the pot where his hand goes into his pocket and never comes out.

The fact is...
a. nospam has no credibility whatsoever (he fails every bullshit test)
b. nospam will simply fabricate that apps exist (he's done that many times)
c. nospam calls every fact that he hates about Apple, a lie

Unfortunately, Steve has only slightly more credibility than does nospam
a. While Steve doesn't lie like nospam about what he hates about Apple
b. Steve is inept when it comes to finding apps that do what he needs done
c. Many (many!) times I've found _better_ apps than Steve can find, and,
yet, what shows Steve's huge flaws, he _continues_ to complain about
what he complained about in this thread, even when _better_ apps exist.

As an adult, I am fair to everyone here:
a. Lewis & nospam merely fabricated excuses (as always) for Apple flaws
b. Yet I'm not convinced that Steve properly did his homework either
c. While the others are perfectly correct in wanting this functionality

On both Android and on iOS.
<https://i.postimg.cc/d0pK9MFY/whatsapp03.jpg> WA-web ad-free apps
--
If I actually wanted this functionality myself, I'm confident I'd have it
on Android (and iOS if it's not crippled by Apple) within minutes, without

nospam

May 27, 2022, 11:18:53 AM5/27/22
In article <t6qo7s$83f$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> I'm fair and unbiased for everyone, where I defend anyone who is stating
> facts outright, fairly, no matter how damaging it is to Apple's reputation.

bullshit.

> I don't think Steve is lying

as usual, he is. it's *very* easy to debunk what he says.

i *still* find it amusing that he thinks face id requires room light
and doesn't work in the dark. not only is that bullshit, but he knows
its bullshit.

> although I know he lies about those FCC maps
> when he's shilling for Verizon, so I'm simply being fair to everyone here.

that's one of many examples.

Andy Burnelli

May 27, 2022, 11:46:01 AM5/27/22
nospam wrote:

>> I'm fair and unbiased for everyone, where I defend anyone who is stating
>> facts outright, fairly, no matter how damaging it is to Apple's reputation.
>
> bullshit.

Ask badgolferman or Ant if I'm fair to them.
I'm fair to Steve... and to you also.
a. If you bullshit me, I call you out on your bullshit.
b. If you say something logical & sensible - I commend you for that too.

I'm fair to everyone, even as I chastise you more than most because you
have no credibility whatsoever given how many times I've proven you wrong.

And yet... you've never even once in your life proven me wrong, nospam.
Neither has Steve nor anyone else.

That's my strength over all of you.
My credibility is nearly 100% on facts. (1)

>> I don't think Steve is lying
>
> as usual, he is. it's *very* easy to debunk what he says.

And yet, you never pull your hands out of your pocket when it comes time to
put up or shut up, nospam.

> i *still* find it amusing that he thinks face id requires room light
> and doesn't work in the dark. not only is that bullshit, but he knows
> its bullshit.

The fact remains that you claim it can be done and yet all the adults
notice that your hands went into your pocket (as if you'll pay for what you
ate) but your hands _never_ come out of your pocket nospam.

It's why you lack any credibility at all.

>> although I know he lies about those FCC maps
>> when he's shilling for Verizon, so I'm simply being fair to everyone here.
>
> that's one of many examples.

You lied about wi-fi graphical signal strength debuggers nospam.

Neither you nor Steve has any credibility.
a. Steve lies about Verizon & Steve is inept on a smartphone
b. However, Steve doesn't appear to be lying in this particular thread
c. You, nospam, on the other hand, have no better credibility than Steve

You ate the food and then you won't pay for it.
That's the kind of unprepossessing person you are.
a. You claim the apps exist on the Apple app store
b. And yet, nobody can find them
c. Not even you.

It's why you lack any credibility at all.
--
(1) Sometimes the facts change over time or I state what the news states,
which may be wrong, or if I make a minor math error - but I apologize

sms

May 27, 2022, 11:54:29 AM5/27/22
On 5/27/2022 7:46 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

>> no, it's because you are either doing something very wrong or simply
>> lying.
>
> Perhaps you'd like to give a demonstration for the rest of us.

LOL, how many times has he insisted that something is possible to do but
not explained how to do it because it's actually not possible? A hundred
times? A thousand times? It's a game that our favorite trolls love to play.

If it's actually possible to use WhatsApp for Web on an iPhone someone
would have come up with a method by now.

Some of the Youtube videos are misleading, i.e. "How to Use WhatsApp Web
on an iPhone" doesn't do what it says, it simply explains how to use the
WhatsApp app to scan the QR code on a computer that is at the WhatsApp
Web website.

Andy Burnelli

May 27, 2022, 12:05:26 PM5/27/22
sms wrote:

>>> no, it's because you are either doing something very wrong or simply
>>> lying.
>>
>> Perhaps you'd like to give a demonstration for the rest of us.
>
> LOL, how many times has he insisted that something is possible to do but
> not explained how to do it because it's actually not possible? A hundred
> times? A thousand times? It's a game that our favorite trolls love to play.

Steve is correct that nospam lacks credibility.
a. More often than anyone else, nospam fabricates iOS functionality
b. Which is why it's telling that nospam claims Steve is lying
c. Given that nospam lies more than he ever tells the truth

> If it's actually possible to use WhatsApp for Web on an iPhone someone
> would have come up with a method by now.

However, Steve "may" be correct (or he may not be correct) given that
_many_ times Steve claimed something was impossible on iOS or Android, and
yet I easily found how to do what Steve claimed couldn't be done.

As an example in this thread, Steve complained about an app that had ads,
but I ran a five-second search which showed multiple "possible" solutions
that didn't have _any_ ads (all of which Steve is likely ignorant of).
<https://i.postimg.cc/d0pK9MFY/whatsapp03.jpg> Similar apps with no ads

I don't blame Steve as he's not that much more ignorant than the average
person is, but I do blame Steve for not heeding the solutions often posed
in his very threads. It's a sign of chronic ignorance that Steve owns.
a. Steve will claim that something can't be done
b. And then I will easily prove (many times) that it can be done
c. And yet, Steve _continues_ to claim it can't be done

Having said that, I must commend Steve for using some of my solutions in
his document (which I do read), and in fact, Steve even "stole" (I don't
mind) some of my graphics for that document - which is one way that I know
Steve is reading _all_ my posts even as he said he is not reading them. :)

> Some of the Youtube videos are misleading, i.e. "How to Use WhatsApp Web
> on an iPhone" doesn't do what it says, it simply explains how to use the
> WhatsApp app to scan the QR code on a computer that is at the WhatsApp
> Web website.

For the obvious reasons, I almost never search YouTube for Android or iOS
solutions, where my process, were I to solve this problem for Steve, would
be to do what I always do when I solve almost every problem that arises.
a. I'd search like the dickens to find tutorials on the net
b. If that failed, I'd search the iOS app store like I did the Google store
c. And then I'd test whatever solutions came up from those searches

I did this when people claimed you needed to have contacts for WhatsApp.
<https://i.postimg.cc/636XBckk/whatsapp01.jpg> No need for WA contacts

While I don't blame Steve for having perhaps a normal intelligence, it
takes a better than normal intelligence to solve problems when the app
maker (in this case, Facebook) doesn't want you to solve that problem.
--
My biggest strength is my credibility in almost never being wrong on the
facts, which is why I solve almost every computer problem I try to solve.

nospam

May 27, 2022, 2:08:35 PM5/27/22
In article <t6qs7j$2v0$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> LOL, how many times has he insisted that something is possible to do but
> not explained how to do it because it's actually not possible? A hundred
> times? A thousand times? It's a game that our favorite trolls love to play.

the only troll is you, who fabricates stories with easily disputed and
debunked claims and then bashes anyone who calls you out on it.

> If it's actually possible to use WhatsApp for Web on an iPhone someone
> would have come up with a method by now.

which they did.

you refuse to acknowledge it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

it's also a completely bogus scenario since there is a native whatsapp
ios app.

whatsapp for web is for devices that do not have a native app.

> Some of the Youtube videos are misleading, i.e. "How to Use WhatsApp Web
> on an iPhone" doesn't do what it says, it simply explains how to use the
> WhatsApp app to scan the QR code on a computer that is at the WhatsApp
> Web website.

the videos are not misleading.

either you're too stupid to follow simple instructions or you're lying.

given your posting history, one of those is a virtual certainty.

sms

May 27, 2022, 2:13:20 PM5/27/22
On 5/27/2022 8:54 AM, sms wrote:

<snip>

I got it working!

The key issue is that the location for "Request Desktop Website" has
been changed in Safari. To get to it you tap on the AA to the left of
the address bar. Or you can use Chrome. In the video at 0:40 at
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZIezqkLIH4> he's using an old version
of Safari that has ... for settings, but now you tap on AA (which is NOT
font selection!).

Lewis

May 27, 2022, 2:18:03 PM5/27/22
Facebook does not allow ANYTHING that would mean less ability to track
you. If you think otherwise, you are delusional. If you think Facebook
does not have an account for you een if you have never used Facebook,
you are delusional. If you think any content anyone has deleted from
Facebook is, in fact, deleted, you are delusional.

If you find that condescending, then stop being delusional.

> But no, you always have to talk down to others.

You are a very fragile person, and probably should not be let out of
doors if you think that was "talking down" to you. I was pointing out
the fact that Facebook will never do anything that might enhance your
privacy in anyway or make it even the tiniest bit harder to track
everything you do. Ever.

> Apparently your parents never taught you manners or you are just a fucking
> asshole when safely out of people’s reach.

Feel free to go back to your Facebook garden with the other
mouth-breathers.

--
Secret to a happy relationship: when you're wrong, admit it. When
you're right, shut up.

Lewis

May 27, 2022, 2:19:40 PM5/27/22
That is not at all what I said. Please reread.

--
I'm giving up eating chocolate for a month.
Correction: I'm giving up; eating chocolate for a month.

nospam

May 27, 2022, 2:51:24 PM5/27/22
In article <t6r4bv$1ge$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
it's font *size* selection, thus the two sizes of letters and the video
is from last august, so not very old at all.

you're lying. a lot.

you previously said you already tried 'putting the browser into desktop
mode' and now you claim you just figured out how to do that.

you also previously claimed to have tried several browsers, none of
which worked and now you claim having success using another browser.

on ios, all browsers use webkit, so the rendering is the same, the
difference is with user-facing features.

it's *so* easy to debunk your bullshit.

<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
> Apparently that is not possible on an iPhone at this time. I tried
> various ways and several different browsers, including putting the
> browser into desktop mode. It may have worked in the past, based on

Jolly Roger

May 27, 2022, 5:21:07 PM5/27/22
On 2022-05-27, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <t6r4bv$1ge$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
><scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> I got it working!

*slow clap*
About time, Dingus.

>> The key issue is that the location for "Request Desktop Website" has
>> been changed in Safari. To get to it you tap on the AA to the left of
>> the address bar. Or you can use Chrome. In the video at 0:40 at
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZIezqkLIH4> he's using an old
>> version of Safari that has ... for settings, but now you tap on AA
>> (which is NOT font selection!).
>
> it's font *size* selection, thus the two sizes of letters and the
> video is from last august, so not very old at all.
>
> you're lying. a lot.
>
> you previously said you already tried 'putting the browser into
> desktop mode' and now you claim you just figured out how to do that.

LOL! He's such an ineffective, lame troll.

> it's *so* easy to debunk your bullshit.

He'll just ignore this and continue lying, like all shithead trolls do.

JR

Andy Burnelli

May 29, 2022, 1:32:32 AM5/29/22
Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> I got it working!
>
> *slow clap*

Why is it that everything out of iKooks' mouths reeks of childishness?

At least Steve (a) tried, and then (b) asked, and then (c) resolved.
For that, he deserves approbation; not your condescending disapprobation.

> About time, Dingus.

Instead of congratulating Steve, and admiring Steve for adding value,
these iKooks _always_ act exactly like fifth-grade stunted bullies when
anyone can do what they can never seem to do.

The only thing these low-IQ no-education insanely jealous iKooks like Jolly
Roger _can_ do is follow Apple MARKETING like a lamb led to slaughter.

>> you previously said you already tried 'putting the browser into
>> desktop mode' and now you claim you just figured out how to do that.
>
> LOL! He's such an ineffective, lame troll.

And yet that "ineffective" troll can do more in one week using his own
aptitude than you have ever accomplished in your entire life, Jolly Roger.

>> it's *so* easy to debunk your bullshit.
>
> He'll just ignore this and continue lying, like all shithead trolls do.

I, for one, am gratefully appreciative that Steve taught us all useful
skills, whether or not you iKooks begrudgingly wish to accept that fact.
--
Like stunted fifth graders, iKooks hate when others do what they can't.

RonTheGuy

May 29, 2022, 2:57:03 AM5/29/22
On May 29, 2022, Andy Burnelli wrote
(in article<news:t6v0he$558$1...@gioia.aioe.org>):
I haven't seen the writeup yet of how he fixed the problem so I can try it.

Jolly Roger

May 29, 2022, 6:51:55 PM5/29/22
On 2022-05-29, RonTheGuy <r...@null.invalid> wrote:

> I haven't seen the writeup yet of how he fixed the problem so I can try it.

All he had to do was view the desktop site - something he *claimed* he
tried originally, but obviously didn't.

John Robertson

Jun 1, 2022, 7:53:16 PM6/1/22
On 2022/05/29 4:51 pm, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> I haven't seen the writeup yet of how he fixed the problem so I can try it.
>
> All he had to do was view the desktop site - something he *claimed* he
> tried originally, but obviously didn't.

He should have looked before he posted.
John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com